Helen found out about the services of Inspired to Achieve and was referred to the Positive people programme. She joined the programme in April 2017.
Helen was made redundant in 2013 and focused on bringing up her children as a lone parent. Once her youngest child reached 5 she was in more of a position to start progressing with her career and job applications.
Helen felt challenged at the prospect of deciding what career she wanted to pursue and how to explore options.
Helen met with her Change Coach and completed an assessment which generated an action plan.
Positive people helped Helen with:-
- Careers Guidance
- Building confidence and self esteem
- Support to gain voluntary work with young people
- Funding to gain a Youth work qualification which Helen started mid Sept 2017
- Becoming a volunteer supporting the PP programme
- Accessing her Mental Health L2 qualification
- Applying to do a maths functional skill.
Helen told her Change Coach “I now feel able to plan my own career and have the tools and skills to support me to achieve my aspirations”.
Helen now supports the positive People programme as a volunteer and is gaining administrative and customer service skills. She also took part in the production of the new i2a video; something she would never have done before working on the programme.
I now feel able to plan my own career and have the tools and skills to support me to achieve my aspirations."